A Year with the Moody's

Elise hosts a Children's Book Monday. Some of my fondest memories are hearing my mother read to me. Jump on over and join Elise and others for this great literary memory making Monday!

I love books that allow you to feel like you are part of the story. Not only can you read about what is going on - you actually feel like you are right there with the characters living within their lives - experiencing their adventure for yourself. I think one of the greatest classic series of all time would have to be Little House on the Prairie. Oh how much you learn and know of the family when you finish reading the series.


This week I wanted to tell about a modern day series that I feel is a lot like the series mentioned above. We join this family in the beginning of the series during the summer of the year. Though out the series we are allowed to live with the family for an entire year! It is a wonderful journey filled with funny stories, family traditions and wonderful recipes that you can try yourself as a family! The series I am talking about is the Moody Family Series written by Sarah Maxwell.


The family homeschools their children and the books are filled with their lives as a modern day Christian family. We are allowed to see how God opens doors for them to minister and serve the people around them and show Christ to those God brings into their lives. We are allowed to sit around with the family and worship with them during their family Bible times. We are allowed to listen to them pray for the unsaved people they know - some of them dear family members. We are allowed to find out that Mrs. Moody is expecting another baby and rally around as a family to help her throughout this special nine months.


My kids loved these books because they could relate to the family. I loved these books because throughout the pages character traits and godly living are not just talked about - they are the main themes for children to read - and be inspired by. I read them as a Mom and found myself challenged and encouraged in my role as a Mother and wife. I found my heart and soul challenged to be more of a witness for Christ to those with whom I come in contact - and I found my spirit challenged to pray in earnest for opportunities to share God's love to a lost and dying world.


If you are interested in this series you will find them here. They are reasonably priced and well worth the investment - both of money and the time reading them. If you are anything like me - you will find they are books that will be read more far more than just one time. Word of advice here - don't just purchase one - as soon as that one is done you will want to jump right into the next season.



Thanks so much for stopping by! I am so glad you did. Happy reading!


Blessings,

~Martie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Martie,

This is my first visit to your blog - over from Elise's place. I've enjoyed reading through your posts.

This series looks wonderful! I'm an avid children's book lover/collector and I've never heard of this set. I'll definitely be checking these out for my children.
Thank you for the review!

~Anna

Renee said...

Great review! I, too LOVE the Little House on the Prarie series. This series sounds wonderful!! We'll definitely be making time to read this series. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Renee'
http://rmboys.wordpress.com/

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, how I love these!

My sister loaned me "Autumn", and I read it a few months ago. I would love to own them, and was thinking of buying a new one at the beginning of each season, to read with the children.

Thank you for posting about these!

HsKubes said...

We love these books, too, and are reading them now as our read alouds! It is such a delight and encouragement to my children and me to see this family apply Biblical principles and commands throughout the book. ;o)

Hope you are feeling better!
Thank you for your comment.
We are counting down the days to his return and are very excited!

~ Christina