Stuff About Me & Some Others I Know

Edi has tagged me for a meme. I have never done one of these before - so we will see how this goes. I am not sure about the tagging thing - I just do not want to offend anyone. So if I tag you and you wish not to participate - just let me know - it will not hurt my feelings at all.

So here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you;
2. Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours;
3. Post the rules on your blog;
4. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog;
5. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post;
6. Include links to their blogs;
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

And... drum roll please. Here are 7 random or weird facts about me:

1. I almost died when I was born a preemie weighing right at 5 pounds. (My birth weight in no way reflects my present weight) :)

2. As a teenager, I worked at Target - and loved it.

3. I was homeschooled through high school and went to college during what should have been my senior year.

4. I met my husband my first year at college and married him that summer. (I was a very young bride - 18) A NOTE TO MY KIDS: if you are reading that you are to forget that information immediately - we will still make you wait till you are 30 - 18 is WAY too young for you all to even think of marriage!

5. I am so in love with my husband - I never dreamed I could be this happy!

6. Giving birth to my children was one of the greatest experiences of my life!

7. Adopting my Zak was a dream come true -everything and more that I thought it would be! When the judge officially made him "ours" was one of the happiest moments of my life!

OK - and to finish this up... here are the people I have tagged:

1. Shelley Hawkins - a dear friend and encourager to me.

2. Heather - my kids' violin teacher - and a dear friend to me.

3. Deby - who I have enjoyed getting to know through blog land.

4. Anna - who grew up with me through elementary school and also through high school - I have more memories than I can count!

5. Kimmie - whose posts about adopting have inspired me.

6. Katherine - who visits my Friday Show and Tell's often and leaves gracious comments.

7. Anita - my blog friend in Germany - whose garden is a work of art and heart!

Thanks for stopping in - if you have time - check out my friend's sites. I'm anxious to learn more about them too!

Oh - by the way - my next post is number 100!! Check back soon for my 100th post give away. I am planning a special treat for my readers.
Blessings,
~Martie

2 comments:

Anita said...

Dear Martie,

Thanks a lot for thinking of me when you did this tagging game. Unfortunately, I won't participate because I am quite busy these days.

I am always smiling when I see you have passed by my blog and left a comment! You words brighten my day!

Best wishes from Germany,
Anita

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Thanks for tagging me, I will try to do this sometime today. I'm always honored when someone choose me for something!

Katherine