Meal Planner





I wanted to share with you a life saver for me in the realm of kitchen meal planning. I went over to Microsoft Templates and found a weekly meal planner. I love it. The feature that I loved the most was on the side bar of the planner -- it has a box called "notes". I use this catergory to put in reminders for what I need to pull out for the next day's meals. Then in the evening while the kids are doing their after dinner chores, I look on the menu and see what I need for the next day and pull that out and get it ready. This really has helped to alleviate those crisis moments in the kitchen - when you realize you forgot to take out the chicken and dinner is due in one hour.







I keep my menu on the fridge so that everyone can see what we are having. This has helped with sanity for my sake - the kids just look on the fridge to see what is for lunch - rather than have all of them ask (at separate times) "what's for lunch?"


Thanks for stopping by for Kitchen Tip Tuesday. For more tips go to Tammy's. (Thanks Tammy for hosting!)






Blessings,



~Martie

3 comments:

Sonshine said...

LOL! I am laughing at your comment regarding kids asking "what's for lunch?". My kids did that for both breakfast and lunch and sometimes even dinner before I started menu planning on a regular basis.

I will agree that having a menu posted on the fridge for all to see has definitely been a sanity reducer!

Susan said...

I've been making menus since before I had kids, but you know what? They still ask, and they're teenagers now!

I'll have to check out that template. There are so many things like that that I don't even think about, that would probably save time. I do use a pre-made form that I found online, and just write in each day's meals.

Theresa's Notes said...

That is neat! Thanks for showing this. it WILL be used in my home :)