The Party

I wanted to post pictures from the party on Sunday. We had a great day. I had not heard that much chatter and laughing in a long time! It was great.


First, my husband dropped the girls off from church - (I had scooted home right away after church to get the oven started) - the girls came in and stood around a bit awkwardly not knowing exactly what to do or how to act - (do you remember those feelings when you were that age?) Here are all the girls together in their aprons:

We had everyone change into their play clothes and then we sat down to eat. We had pizza and chips - not nutritious at all - but it was a party!

After everyone finished their lunch we got out the Unscramble Baking Words game. The girls had quite a lot of fun trying to find out what the mixed up words were. As you can see, a lot of thought went into their answers. It was fun watching them work.


Then, we split up into groups. I had set up 'work stations'. We had a cake decorating station - (I had baked up "personal cakes" the night before for each girl to have her very own cake to decorate), a cookie decorating station - (Unique cookie cutters were used the day before on the sugar cookies. Each girl got a heart, a frog, a butterfly, a tee shirt , and a watering can), and a cooking making station - (all the ingredients needed to make up a batch of chocolate chip cookies were ready with the mixer for baking time). Each group got 30 minutes at each station. I figured this was the only easy way to make sure there was enough equipment to go around.










I needed a little time to regroup the kitchen before we had cake and opened presents. The kitchen needed a little bit of organizing before we started the next thing. The girls took UNO upstairs and played in the hallway while I did a quick wipe down of the kitchen and decorated Abbey's cake with the remaining frosting. I did a quick "put the dishes all into the dishpan and put it under the sink " cleanup. Novocain became the center of attention - and the UNO game never got finished.

After a thorough hand washing - it was time for cake. More giggles and stories around the table. It was fun listening to them talk with each other.



We opened presents then in the front room. Everyone gathered around and had fun guessing the presents before they were opened. By the time this was finished, I was left with a little more time than I had anticipated. I figured this would be a good time to get the kitchen in order and dished washed. All the girls grabbed a dish towel and I washed. My oldest put the dishes away as they were dried and we were done in no time - and had a clean kitchen to boot. (I was so thankful for the extra time - as I was not looking forward to coming home to a messy kitchen after church that night).



I then got the cake boxes put together - ( I was able to find take home cake boxes for each of the girls) and all the girls put their cookies and cakes into their box, changed into their church clothes, and headed out to the van. It was a great time. I was so glad that everything went well.

I hope the girls had a good time. I really enjoyed planning the party - and listening to all of them be little girls! I will say though that I am SICK of frosting - and don't care if I see any for awhile. One can only handle so much sugar and food coloring in one day!

Thanks so much for stopping by - I am glad you did.

Blessings,
~Martie

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That sure looks like a lot of fun! I got some neat ideas! :-D

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a wonderful lovely time was had!

Theresa's Notes said...

really good pictures, I'm very happy every thing went well.

Sharon said...

Oh that sounded like my kind of party!!!! I'm sure they all had a wonderful time! :)

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....looks like one fantastic and festive occasion!!!

I did a Friday Show N Tell this week [I know it's been canceled, but I wanted to show off a prize I won and sent to me by one of our Show N Tell players ---it's Easter themed!! Drop by if you can? I'd love to have you visit. And have a great holiday weekend]

the Weigt Family said...

What a creative party you put on. I love the theme and your dining room looked so pretty! Wish I was twelve again. :) Heather Weigt

~~Deby said...

Martie,
This looks so fun and what a creative time. Lots of great memories, I am sure.
Deby

Becky K. said...

I am guessing that this will go down in history as a very favorite party!

A very brave but cool party theme.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

That was a great party!!! Thanks for the idea of a baking birthday party.tammyp

Daniel & Heidi Schatz said...

How fun & creative!! Thank you for sharing & I love the invites!! Happy b-day Abby! Wow, can't believe she's twelve, I remember babysitting her as a baby!