Ladies Weekend Out

This weekend I stayed occupied attending a ladies retreat. We had a wonderful time. It was wonderful fellowship filled with food, laughing and fun! The guest speaker was especially encouraging to me. She spoke on the theme "Beauty of the Heart". I must say it was one of the best ladies session I had ever attended. I left with my spiritual cup overflowing.


We were pampered and treated like queens. That is always how it is at Camp Joy. The first night there we enjoyed a wonderful meal that included all the fixings. After the first session we were able to enjoy fellowship time and a craft time where we made bookmarks. It was an easy and yet creative craft. We headed to our room about 1:30 in the morning.





The next day was filled with sessions, gift exchanges and wonderful meals. We attended a session on how to use bake goods as gifts for others. It was an informative session filled with recipes, giveaways, and lots and lots of sugar cookies.



We headed home later than planned - (we had all gotten to talking at the table and did not realize that 2 hours had passed!) - but the trip home was just as refreshing and encouraging. I came home tired - but blessed. This was my last ladies retreat with the ladies here at the church. It will not soon be forgotten and the memories treasured in my heart.


It was nice to get home and sleep in my own bed though - even if it was a short night! :)



Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by.


Blessings,

~Martie

1 comment:

Melly said...

It has been ages since I've been on a ladies weekend. That sounds so great!