Our Holiday

We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by family. It was wonderful to be all together; and enjoying each other's company.
James and Papa did some hunting early in the morning. They did not shoot any deer - nor for that matter even see any deer; they did however meet a game warden! They will not be forgetting that meeting for some time to come. Thankfully, this game warden was happy - and did not mind his job - even on Thanksgiving morning.


I had my first year cooking Thanksgiving dinner with only one oven. (Normally I had two ovens in our other house - plus use of the churches Nesco cooker.) This year was my easiest Thanksgiving dinner to cook. I did all the side dishes the night before so the Tom could have the oven all to himself. It also was the prettiest bird I have ever pulled out on Thanksgiving. It was a tasty meal - and we are still enjoying leftovers!



We are in the middle of a nasty snow storm - and are snowed in with 10-12 inches of the white stuff surrounding us. The schools in town were called off on account of the weather. This old mean mom made my kids scoop out the neighbors driveway first thing this morning - and then had the kids get in a day of school as they warmed up from their venture.



I hope your ground is covered in white - and if not head up our way - we have plenty to spare. Thanks so much for stopping by - I am so glad you did.


Blessings,
~Martie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You beat us to the punch with your snow storm. We're still waiting for winter to arrive. Good to see the family all together for Thanksgiving. Remember we love you. Sheryl Shaffer

heidi said...

OH...that all looks soooo perfect! A warm meal with family, yummy pie, and SNOW!!!~heidi