My Wish


Today, I begin my last year being in my thirties. The very last one. The last part of the hill just before me.


I wonder where the time has gone. Too fast that is for sure. I guess I am surprised at just how different I feel this year. Birthdays usually come upon me and leave me a bit introspective. Thinking about the things I accomplished in the last year; but mostly thinking about what I want to accomplish in the year before me.


This year is different.


It's been a different year. A year of changes. A year of adjustments. A year of trials. A year of blessings. I find myself looking back at the year and being amazed at how much has happened. There has been a lot.


Perhaps though, the things that have taken place in the past few months have caused my perspective to be different this birthday. I am not looking ahead towards accomplishments and to do lists. I am finding myself looking at who I am as a person.


I have spent a lot of time thinking about who I am and want I want to be. Not do. Not accomplish. Just be.


*More thankful.

*Less driven.

*A person who notices the little things.

*More gracious to others.

*Less judgmental.

*Close to God.

*A servant of others.

*More like Christ - less like me.

*God focused.

*Attentive to the needs of those around me.

*Giver of myself and my things to help others.

*A friend to my husband.

*A praying mother for my children.

*Forgiving.

*Not bitter.

*More like Christ - less like me.

*A mother to neglected and unwanted children.

*A listener.

*Loyal.

*Joyful.

*Peaceful.

*More like Christ - less like me.


Finish the work, Lord. Make me like you.

~Martie

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! God bless you as you begin this new year and strive to just 'be'!