Happy New Year

I can not believe we are already seven days into the New Year.  What a wonderful holiday season we had!  Christmas was delightful and filled with really enjoying and spending time together as a family. 

Christmas morning we slept in a bit and woke to the smell of cinnamon rolls baking in the stove.  Abbey and I had made them the night before and they turned out so yummy! 



We took our time opening gifts and handled the gift exchange a bit different.  Everyone took from under the tree the presents they had purchased for others.  Then each person got a turn handing out their presents and watching the family member open the gift.  It took a lot longer; but I loved it that way.  It seemed to put a greater emphasis on the giving aspect. 

Abbey giving Anna one of the gifts she purchased for her


I received an electric blanket from my in-laws.  I have been asking for one for years.  It is funny that now that we live down south I finally get one; but none too soon.  The temps are terribly cold today as I write this post.  I have enjoyed the warm bed to climb into since Christmas night. 


I think he was genuinely surprised by the gift!


Watching the two little ones with smiles and energy on Christmas morning just made my heart so happy.  I can not imagine our lives without these two.  Such a blessing God has given us when He led us to adopt and brought us Zak and Anna.  Every Christmas I am brought back to the reality again of how much more complete God has made our family through adoption.



We had our first Christmas with one of our family members living away from us and unable to be home for the holiday.  It was not as difficult as I thought it would be.  You know, it is one of those things that you know is coming and will happen but I just can not believe how quickly it got here!  We were able to Skype with Rachel on Christmas Day and all the kids enjoyed seeing her and talking to her.  What a blessing technology can be to families who are apart for long periods of time.  We are counting the days till she returns home.  She will be coming home a little earlier than we had originally planned; and so I am very excited to see her and to talk to her in person.  






Anna celebrated her birthday just a little while after Christmas.  It was complete with a birthday party with family on her actual birthday and then a birthday party with friends a couple days later.  Her eyes almost danced with joy the entire week.  The house was nearly busting with giggles and laughter the entire afternoon.




Zak has had a few health issue come up here in the last week or so.  It looks like we have a handle on them and he goes in for blood work towards the end of this week.  I know puberty is going to be very interesting with him.  Seems there is a fine line with medication doses and growth spurts.  I am just thankful that we live in America where medical help is there and available when we need it.  God is so good to us.

We are very excited about the upcoming year.  Homeschooling is going very well and I am seeing constant progress with Zak in his school work.  Anna is just learning to read and I love watching her eyes as she sounds out a word and then finally realizes what she is saying.  Teaching a child to read is such a blessing.

I trust you and your family enjoyed your holidays together.  God is so good to give us the gift of families and I feel we forget just how precious that gift truly is.  Thanks for stopping by.  I am so glad you did!

Blessings,
~Martie

No comments: