The Meeting


Today I would meet her. The new pastor's wife.


I have prayed for her for the past 7 months.

I have wondered:

...who she was.
... where she lived.
... what she looked like.

I prayed that God would give her:

... grace for the unexpected.
...faith for the unknowns.
... peace for the future.


Today we met. Today we embraced. Today God showed me the answer to my prayers. I stand amazed by God.

"He hath made everything beautiful in His time!...

Tonight, I will pray for her once again. Only tonight, I will pray for her by name!!



"Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good..."
~Martie

2 comments:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

That was a beautiful tribute to your new pastor's wife. What a blessing for her to know that you've been praying for her.

We recently got a new pastor at our previous church. It's funny - I had been praying for him, but not his wife. What a great idea!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Martie,

What a wonderful prayer and a blessing.

My husband and I are between churches and I pray that God would lead us to just the right one. Your answer to prayer has encouraged me.

Gina