You Know It's Going to Be a Bad Day When...

An interesting topic of conversation came up the other day. I must say I was not quite sure what to make of it all - but thought you would enjoy it.
Daughter 1: "Mom, are you going to put on makeup today?"

Me: (A bit perplexed - reaching for my makeup drawer...) "Um, yes..."

Daughter 1: "Oh good, you're always in a better mood when you have your makeup on."

Mom: (Speechless, with a deer in the headlights look on my face...)

Daughter 2: "You are Mom, you really are nicer with makeup on..."

Mom: (Still Speechless, looking at my son - )

Son 1: "No, Mom; seriously, it is a much better day whenever you have your makeup on. You are not nearly as crabby with makeup on....

Mom: (You know when you are out numbered! I just reached for the foundation and started putting on my makeup...)

MORAL TO THIS STORY:
*If you come to my house and you do not see me with my makeup on - get going while the getting is good!

*Makes me wonder what type of Mom Tammy Faye Baker was... Her kids must have enjoyed complete and total bliss!

Trust you are having a good day - no matter what you face looks like.

Blessings,
~Martie

7 comments:

Shelli D. Hawkins said...

I love it! I can just see James' face agreeing with his older sisters! And BTW you are in a better mood with your makeup on :)

That goes for all of us :)

the Weigt Family said...

lol- Cute story and completely understandable as I sit here writing w/o makeup realizing how crabby I tend to be w/o the stuff too...sad, but true. :) You might submit this to Cover Girl or something. Great advertisement!:0

~~Deby said...

MArtie,
I am really laughing at loud on this one, my dog is giving me that look ......your girls are VERY observant...hehe..and the Tammy Faye comment, priceless....
Maybe need to get out my Barem Minerals out...I was sorta taking a break today..now I feel guilty...
I would ask your husband about this one...
Great post...needed some hearty laughter.
Deby

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Lol! Your post made my day, especially the Tammy Faye comment.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Very cute story, Martie! I must confess I almost never wear makeup and when I do, it is only a bit of blush. I am happy to report that my children are well adjusted, happy, and not in prison! :)

Blessings,
Gina

TO BECOME said...

I got a good laugh about your moral. I think maybe when we don't feel well, the makeup seems useless. Maybe it is though.lol I have to give that some thought. connie from texas

Thru Pink Curtains said...

I suppose this could be a time to listen to your kids thing too! well we still love our kids. have a good friday and weekend.