In Need of Pest Control


I am having a nasty summer when it comes to bug bites. Last year I was bitten by spider. Due to an allergic reaction to the bite I almost ended up in the hospital. In the long run, I ended up treating it with medication that cost me more than the hospital stay would have cost. (Insurance would have at least covered the hospital stay!)

So, I ended last summer with a scar on my foot from a nasty bite I do not care to repeat!

This summer I have had insect difficulties too. This year, however, it has not been from spiders; but rather from mosquitoes! Now, have you ever heard of an adult having an allergic reaction to mosquito bites? Yet, I have had 3 different bites bring about intense swelling, redness and pain! I have been thankful that I still had some of the$60.00 cream they gave me last year for the spider bites! I have had to keep Benadryl on hand and take it several times to help manage the reactions.

If it is not one thing, it is another. So, as I pack - I itch and apply expensive cream. Then at night I take the Benadryl and head to bed for a night of deep sleep. Needless to say, I have not been all that eager to step outside after dark - I don't want to get eaten alive - literally.

Trust your summer has been itch free for the most part. If not, I know of some great cream you can get - you will just have to mortgage your house to obtain it!

Blessings,
~Martie

4 comments:

Malissa said...

Martie,
The mosquitoes have been horrible to me this year.

I have big red, hard lumps and scabs. I've never had that before!

I guess it's true that mosquitoes are Wisconsin's state bird;)
Malissa

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Boy around here we do not stay outside when dusk comes. Those skeeters will eat you alive and hubby is allergic to them.

Anonymous said...

I thought I would drop a note to let you know that here in Texas we have a problem with spiders and some can leave a nasty bite. We've found the best and cheapest cure is to shock it. That's right, shock it. We use a taser with 60,000 volts(don't use more). You just zap the bite and it turns the venom to protein and you stop the itching/swelling/poison-ness.

Rebecca in Texas

Martie said...

Rebecca in Texas, So do you own your own taser? This is something I have never heard!!! Interesting - perhaps I will have to give it a try - where do you get the taser? (Is this legal?? lol)