Only Believe


The back to school rush has begun at our house. Wow, what a summer! I feel like I missed summer; and in a way I did. This will be a summer I will never forget. It will also be a year where I will not forget the first day of the school year. Today a miracle happened.


Four weeks ago on August 2 we left Children's hospital with them telling us that they we were to meet with a doctor at the end of the week to discuss putting in a feeding tube for Rachel. Four weeks later, to the day, she walked into school to begin her senior year! I am amazed at what God has done.


It was a doctor four years ago who sat across from me in her office and told me that I needed to realize that there are institutions for children like him. She looked at Zak. I looked shocked. She then told me that there was no way that she would keep him at her house if he was hers. She told me it was a disruption to our family and my other kids deserved better than this. Four years later, he walked into the school with a backpack on his back and a smile on his face. Grant it, he is entering kindergarten a few years later than the other children in his class; but a kindergarten classroom is a far way away from an institution!


"This is the Lord's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes."


Is it any mistake then that on Monday morning I met with the Lord before the sun or the children were up and this is what He had for me: "As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He saith...Be not afraid, only believe."?


There have been so many fears with both situations previously mentioned. Fears about Rachel's health. Fears about Zak's development. He gently has whispered, "be not afraid." I have tried to snuggle contented and confidently upon His shoulder. There were times when the restlessness of my heart caused me not to trust-and in my heart I have called to Him as others, "help thou my unbelief!" He would say again, "be not afraid, only believe." The words from His lips- a request- one that required trust, because I could not see how, or when, or if.


On Monday morning watching two of my children walk in to start a school year that to me- even just weeks ago looked impossible - He spoke again. The same words. "Be not afraid, only believe." This time His words were not a request. His words were a reminder. "See Martie, be not afraid, only believe."


I can not even begin to express my gratitude for a God who works in my life and loves me. Today, watching His miracle, my faith grew.


Only believe, only believe

All things are possible -

Only believe.


Only believe,only believe

All things are possible-

If we only believe.


I serve a miracle working God. I need not fear. Only believe!


Thanks for stopping by,

~Martie

3 comments:

Amy said...

Praise the LORD! When my mom read this post to me, I cried. God is so faithful! This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

Becky K. said...

Praise God! I really needed this today. We are beginning treatment for Chelsea's Anorexia and I needed the reminder that God is Sovereign and also that the "experts" don't often put God into the equation.

Blessings on you, Martie.

Becky K.

Diane Shiffer said...

Praise the Lord! Oh Marty, I am so thankful for His work in your family♥

Thanks so much for sharing.. this just made my day~☺~