Down for the Count


We have been hit hard here with a bug. It happened in the early morning hours on Monday. It was about 1 am when the first one came down saying, "Mom, I don't feel good." Then about every two hours another one came down and repeated the phrase. By morning, Rob was on the couch with two, I was in bed with two, and one was up in her bed moaning.


It has made for an interesting few days. We are not near finished yet. Fevers are still reaching over 103 degrees and sniffs and coughs can be head throughout the house.


I am thankful for the warmer spring like weather. The windows were all opened throughout the house and the kids told to snuggle into their beds to keep warm. I figured some fresh air was well in order.


Life just keeps rolling by. Seems it does not stop for anything. You can have a houseful of sick kids; but there still is laundry to, phone calls to make and house cleaning to keep up.


Rob is also having some issues and had to go in for an ultrasound on his leg. He is having severe swelling in his left leg. They did find him to have an acute case of cellulitis in his left leg. We are waiting for the lab results to come back to find out why they leg is so swollen. I was very very thankful it was not a blood clot!


On a very upbeat note in regards to Rachel's health. Before she got sick with the bug everyone else at our house has, she has shown great improvement! Her coloring is back, she has more physical stamina than she has had in months. We are very excited about this! She is working with a trainer at a gym to build her endurance and regain lost muscle tone. She has been running on the treadmill and working out on other machines there. It is neat to see her health coming back. (Now, to just get this virus kicked that she has picked up!)


So that is happenings here. Seems the days and nights melt together. I keep reminding myself that someday I am going to miss all of this; and tonight when Anna fell asleep in my arms - I knew that will be so one day. Enjoying being a Mother - even though right now the job load is a little heavier than normal.


God is good - all the time. I am glad I can rest in that!


Trust all is well at your home! Thanks for stopping by, I am so glad you did!

~Martie

1 comment:

Jackie Koll said...

Hope you are all feeling 100% soon!!