Father's Day



I have been blessed; and it is on days like today that I am able to take the time to reflect on just how blessed. 

Father's day, of course, makes me think about my Dad.  Just the thought of him makes me know that God blessed me richly when He gave me my Father.

I was not a child that needed someone to step in and be a Dad to me because I did not have one; or because I had a father who was not committed to being a Dad.  My Dad took on the responsibility and counted it a privilege to be a Dad.  He worked hard and provided for my needs.  I had clothes on my back and warm (or cool in the summer) house to live in. 

It's funny to look back at my younger years and realize how much I missed seeing.  I missed seeing how hard my Dad worked to make sure my needs were met.  I missed seeing how busy he was and how much of a sacrifice it was for him to take the time to spend one on one time with me.  I never saw how much he went without so that I could have.

Dad I missed seeing your sacrifice for me when I was younger.  I hope it's not too late to notice it now.  Thanks for everything you did for me.  I am most blessed to call you Dad.

Father's Day also makes me think of my husband.  The man who shares life with me and makes those same sacrifices for his children.  The nights he has given up sleep to be with Zak.  The hours he puts in to make sure that our family's needs are met.  It means so much to me that I am married to a man who hold in a high priority his children's physical, emotional and spiritual well being.    To know that my children are being cared for because of his commitment to them and me is a blessing that is worth more than all the money on earth could pay for.

These are the two men in my life that have blessed me more than any others.  This Father's day I celebrate each of you and count my blessings; because of both of you I am rich and blessed woman. 

Thanks Dad and Rob for making Father's Day worth celebrating.  I love you both.

~Martie

No comments: