God Never Changes



I don't like change.  I like things to stay the same.  The same thing for breakfast, for lunch...  - you get the picture.

In the past couple of weeks there have been several changes in our lives.  Our normal schedule has been changed to accommodate doctor appointments, a biopsy and an trips to the hospital.  Our thoughts have changed from "What are we going to do this summer?" to "Will cancer be part of our everyday life for a long time?".

Life has changed.

I did not see this change coming.

Oh, I forgot to mention - I don't like surprises either - *almost* as much as I don't like changes.

So, yesterday while sitting in the van watching my daughter practice softball I started thinking about all that has changed - I felt overwhelmed.  Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of what has not changed.

GOD NEVER CHANGES! 

My God is the same today as he was the week before the mass showed itself.  My God will be the same tomorrow when we get the results from the surgeon.  A year from now when we look back at this trial in our lives - God will be the same then as He is now.

GOD NEVER CHANGES. 

So many truths this week to which the Holy Spirit has drawn my heart to think upon!   I meditate upon this and I am strengthened once again.  I can rest - because He will not change.  




1 comment:

js_sussex said...

This was just what I needed today. Thanks for sharing.