Resting in Him




It has been a long week.

Ten days ago we celebrated 24 years of marriage.  It was a wonderful getaway and I loved it very much!

Three days after we got home he noticed the lump; and for the past seven days we have battled fevers, long restless nights filled with cold sweats and more fevers and extreme fatigue. 

It' been hard for me to watch. 

Finally today we went in and they ruled out an infection, a torn muscle and a scan confirmed that what we were dealing with was a tumor.

A biopsy will tell us if it is cancer or not.  We will make that appointment tomorrow morning.

We left the hospital and it felt surreal - and as we sat across from each other at dinner - Rob looked at me and said, "They told me I might have cancer..." 

That is how you will find us right now - surprised and unsure of what the days and weeks ahead of us will hold.  

I do not know what the road ahead holds for us - but I do know this that God knows and He has everything under His control. 

I'm reminding myself of that as I go through my days.  Our lives are in His hands.

Last night at church a verse was read - it was the same passage that our Pastor read to us right before he pronounced us husband and wife 24 years ago.  It brought tears to my eyes as I heard it again last night.  I have read it over again several times today: 

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD life up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."

Resting in this trial with a peace that He has given - trusting that He does ALL things well. 

No comments: