Plates and Memories - Precious Treasures


Kelli over at "There's No Place Like Home" hosts a show and tell every Friday. Hop on over and see her special treasures along with links from others who participate in this fun little activity!


I thought for my show and tell this Friday I would share with you my collection of decorative plates that I have in my dining room. All of these plates have pictures of children or mothers with their children. I love pictures that show relationship. God desires that we hold relationships in high value - especially the relationships in our homes.

(My plates are on either side of my hutch in the dining room)

(Here are a few of my favorites: I love the beauty of this picture here - a mother holding her new baby - completely peaceful - admiring the creation of God in her arms. I absolutely LOVED giving birth and this reminds me of that wonderful experience God allowed me to have 4 times!

(I got this plate after the birth of our son - I love how the two girls are looking at their brother. How each of my children have adored the new baby as it came to be in our family.)

(This is another one of my favorites! I love the older sister helping the younger with her shoes. I love how dainty and feminine they look in their dresses and bows!)

(I just like this one!)

I hope you enjoyed my plates. These plates help to remind me of the treasures I have in this life - the gift of my family. Hug and kiss those dear to you in your life! Such special treasures they are to us from God above! Thanks so much for stopping in. See you next week.

Blessings,

~Jane

22 comments:

jennifer said...

Oh, after reading the comment you left me, I really understand these precious plates.

Thank you for sharing.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I can't help but love anything with babies and angels together...Just lovely plates. Thanks for sharing.

Take care,
connie

Hootin Anni said...

PRETTY!!!! And I love the hangers for them too.

I have a tea set today myself for show n tell. Drop by if you can. :o)

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

What lovely plates, Jane! You have created such a pretty display, and I love how you are honoring Christ through this collection. That's really cool!!

Susan said...

Beautiful plates and you display them so nicely :o)
Susan

LadySnow said...

Those are absolutely beautiful! :D

Carole Burant said...

I so love these kinds of collector's plates, the pictures on them are so precious. I just love the way you have them all set up, it truly looks wonderful. xo

ellen b. said...

Jane, your plates are wonderful and a great reminder on loving one another....

Kathy b said...

Your plates are precious, and I love your hutch too. Have a wonderful weekend.

~~Deby said...

These are so sweet and precious and the way that you have them hung...wonderful...as a fan of white furniture I especially love the look.
Deby

~~Deby said...

btw...I have been inspired by you and a few others to join is the S&T....so today was my first time..this is fun.
Deby

Anonymous said...

Pretty plates and what a wonderful way to display them!

Lana G!
http://airmiles.wordpress.com/

Mandy said...

What beautiful plates! And I love the way you displayed them. I have decorative plates for my show-and-tell today, too. :)

retha said...

I did enjoy your plates. It is beautiful. I have never seen anything similar to this.

Maybe I must go back and also read at jennifer

Anonymous said...

So right about relationship - so very important to our Lord. These are very beautiful. thank you.
Nancy

Mary said...

Jane,

Your collector plates are awesome! I also love pictures that show relationships, but it is difficult to find anything depicting boys. Most pictures have girls and though I had only one daughter, I have two wonderful grandsons. So much to be thankful for. Children are a blessing from God.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful plates.

Blessings,
Mary

Mommy said...

Those *are* so beautiful! I have a figurene of a mom holding her little girl. My MIL gave it to me for Christmas. Maybe I'll do a show and Tell on that one.

Tonight I was holding my baby boy, and remembering him as a newborn. He has a little fever, so he was very cuddly tonight like he was when he was brandnew.

Thanks for sharing those plates. They are very special.

nannykim said...

Yes--those plates show forth some of the beauty of family realationships and the wonder.

Cathy said...

What a beautiful collection! I hope you'll find many more to add to it.

Cathy :)

Rose of Sharon said...

I think those are by Sandra Cooke (sp?). She draws such lovely pictures of mothers and children. I love how you have them displayed and you have a very pretty dining room!

:0) Sharon

Blessings from Chestnut Hollow said...

Beautiful plates! I have a couple as well by Sandra Kuck and just love them. Thanks for sharing!
Karyn

Kelli said...

Your plates are precious treasures! You have them displayed beautifully!
Kelli