Your Teeth Are Showing!


Zak came to me the other day and said, "Mom your not mad are you?"




I was taken aback by his question. Of course I was not mad! I was humming and cleaning the bathroom. The day had been a good one - and I was enjoying it. "Uh, no. I am not mad."




"I knew it!" he smiled one of his big toothy grins! "I knew you wern't mad! I could see your teeth! If I see your teeth - I know you are not mad!"




I sat there for a moment. Took in the statment; and then vowed in my heart to show my teeth a little more often. I seem to have one that takes a special fancy to my teeth. Funny, I never had thought of it that was before.




So if you stop by and I answer the door with one of those big cheesy grins - I have not lost my mind. I just have a little one who finds it far more comforting to see my teeth rather than just my lips when he looks at my face.

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

My Chelsea used to come up to me and say, "Smile Mommy." She didn't like it if I had any other expression but a smile on my face. Makes you realize just how much they are watching!