Sixteen



 It has been sixteen years ago, today that she came into our lives.  

Her stay was brief.

Her life will impact mine forever!

Sixteen years.  

I let my mind go and wonder what it would be like if she was still here.

How would we celebrate the big day?
What flavor of cake would she choose for me to make for her?


  What meal would she ask for me to make for her birthday dinner?

I let my mind wonder some more....

What would she look like?
Would she be tall or short?
Would her hair be curly or straight?  Blond or red?
Would she be outgoing or quiet?
Would she be....

 I stop.   I must not continue in this way of thinking; for in so doing, it is too easy to forget.

I don't want to forget!

I want to remember - not wonder.

I want to remember what it was like the very first time I saw her.  The moment I held her for the first time.  Looking into her eyes I was captivated by the miracle of life and overwhelmed with gratitude for God's gift to me.

Her life was a gift from God.


I want to remember when we dedicated her in our Pastor's office.  When we ceremonially gave her back to God and asked Him to use her.

He did.


I am so very thankful for the time we had with her. She is my blessing from God.  







Happy Birthday, Ally.  I love you!



No comments: