The Safe Place



Today was just a normal school day; but it was profitable.  I always like that.  By 9AM the laundry was done, the house had been vacuumed and mopped, dinner was sitting out to defrost and we were getting ready to sit down for school.  I always like it when it goes that smoothly.  That does not happen all the time!

We do school for the entire morning and then the Little's go to bed for quiet time and the older kids continue with school and I do work around the house or on the computer.  After quiet time, the Little's do their piano lessons and music practice.  Our school day ends for the older kids with music practice and then they are free to do whatever after 3:30 PM.

While I am helping Anna with her school Zak goes outside to play.  This is how I found him.  I asked him what he had made; and he said he did not know what it was; but that he felt 'safe' inside of it.  Something for Thor.  Not sure really; but he was out there every minute he could be during school breaks and then in the afternoon.



We had planned on doing a bond fire in the new fire pit Daddy made last week; but the wood was still too wet and we could not do it.  We roasted marshmallows by the oven instead, gave the Little's their baths and then put them to bed.

It was a good day.  I have done something to my back and can not remember what it was; but it hurts very very badly.  Hopefully tomorrow it will be all better - I can hope....

Thanks for stopping by.  I am so glad you did.

Blessings,
~Martie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that everyone wants a safe place... and, for me, home is just that! Keep it safe, Zakman!